Soundboard installation, next topic : the glue

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 22 18:11:21 MST 2008

That date is the expiration date - the date where the manufacturer suggest
that the glue may not be suitable for use. I have used cold hide glue past
its expiration date - but only in non-critical applications. After some time
the glue will actually go ransid - changes color and everything - real
yucky - pretty obvious. My suggestion is to buy fresh liquid hide glue each
time you install a soundboard with that glue - that's been my policy in my
shop.

Then you can use the leftover glue for other stuff until it expires - then
only use the expired stuff for non-important stuff.

Terry Farrell