Soundboard installation, next topic : the glue

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 15:59:01 MST 2008

At 21:32 +0000 21/1/08, I wrote:

>...1. A casein glue such as Cascamite

Beware!  I see that "Cascamite" (originally made by Casco) is not
always what it was and I find that several completely different
glues, including a PVA glue, are now named "Cascamite", so it's
probably best to knock that off the list.

As to Aerolite 360, no problems at all provided you can get hold of
it, which might be difficult in America.  Boatbuilders and aircraft
builders use it a lot and, though it dates back to before the war I
think, it is considered to be the best glue of its type, as you will
discover if you read about it on the web.

JD