glue for hammers

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 18:03:42 MST 2008

>> Yes, pulling the hammer back to the drill angle and away from where
>> you had it aligned. At least that was my experience.
>
> That would be my experience too if I relied on other people boring my
> hammers

Yes, that's when it happened, and I went with tapered reaming.
Boring my own since, I've been satisfied with the reaming
process and have seen no reason to go back.

>As I come
> to glue each hammer I knurl it so that it will be sufficiently loose in
> the bore for about half a minute after the glue has touched the
> knurling.

How do you knurl each shank as, or just before, you glue the
hammer on? After traveling and spacing the set, are you then
removing each shank to knurl, then reinstalling it to hang the
hammer?

Ron N