glue for hammers

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 15:04:20 MST 2008

At 09:09 -0800 16/1/08, Jurgen Goering wrote:

>The problem is that few people own a good knurler,

That's one of the problems

>  and that they are not available through the big box suppliers.

Well, I've had three knurlers and the one I always end up using is
the one that cost the least and came from Schaff nearly 30 years ago.
The most expensive one I sold to a colleague and the other, which I
got from Meyne and is the same as the one in Jahn's catalog was no
good until I made it behave more like the American one, with the
hollow block pivoting.  This Schaff knurler is not a work of art and
not well made but with a bit of inrpovement it works better than
anything else I've used.

JD