Recover Backchecks

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 20:27:17 MST 2008

AL writes:

<< I am also recovering the backchecks in this piano. Does anyone have a way

easily remove the old buckskin? This job has always slowed me down. >>

When I recover them, I just use a knife to lift a corner of the buckskin,
then I just tear it off. The small amount of hide left on the wood can either be
touched off with a bastard file, or left there to soften when the next brush
of hide glue coats it for the new leather.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay
in shape.<BR>
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489</HTML>