flange bushing

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Jan 13 07:34:40 MST 2008

I see I did use the word "cut".  In fact I do tear... much quicker to
begin with.  That said I suppose if you have a very accurate cutting
device it shouldn't make all that much difference.  The pre-cuts one
gets from Renner don't seem to have a problem lacking a rough side.
Don't really know when you first mention it.

I always try and twist the bushing a tad so the joint isn't a straight
line. I'm not really sure that that does any good either :).... but its
what I learned to do so force of habit I suppose.

Cheers
RicB

    Isn't tearing supposed to be better, if you are making your own? The
    rough weave left, intertwines with the opposite side.

    John Ross
    Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada