Broadwood And Sons questions

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 17:35:12 MST 2008

Phil

If this is a "usual" birdcage, if I recall, you can tip the action towards you, insert the temperament strip below the dampers, and then put the action back to tune it. It's a little bit of a hassle, but it works.

As far as the dampers are concerned, unless they are crusty and zing, I would not replace them. Birdcages never did damp all that good. Look to see if there is a way to?bring the action closer to the strings to get the dampers to push against the strings harder.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of