workshop set-up

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 08:52:44 MST 2008

In  Hi Dean
  The lighting in this shop are high output fluorescent with color  corrected
bulbs. What a difference & they do not buzz.  The fixtures  (125.00) are
available at commercial lighting stores as well as the bulbs. Not  cheap but good
light is everything.
  Dale

Another consideration  is lighting. I invested in several 8’ double
fluorescent fixtures. They cost  close to $100 each with the bulbs and they buzz. I
would not do this again. I  would use the screw in compact fluorescent bulbs. You
can get them with 200  watt equivalent light output for about $8/bulb. Add
the cost of a plastic  fixture, about $1.50, and you’ve got less than $10 per
fixture. They don’t  buzz and 2 of them put out more light for less energy
consumption and a whole  lot less money. They also sell a version of them in a dusk
to dawn fixture  with 400 watt equivalent for about $50. I haven’t played
with any of those.