Confessions of a "Lookerson"

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:09:27 MST 2008

I know, i know, that is the way to make money. But i just can't do it. If i
was that guy, i would have been so embarrassed i'd be fire-engine red and
would've crawled out the door. I just can't see me asking for $300+ for a
tuning. I guess i should try quoting that the next time the phone rings and
see what happens.

I've been tuning in a home when the washing-machine guy has turned up; same
story. He has been in and out in 15 minutes, on to the next job and
collected the same amount as me.

Did the guy work for himself or for a company? Somehow it seems like it
would be easier to work for someone else, you know? "Just doin my job lady,
I don't make the rules....."

Scott Jackson