1/16th tone piano; was: question for the tuning masters

Gene Nelson nelsong at pbic.net
Wed Oct 31 19:43:15 MST 2007

Wonder if more than one wire size was used for the scale?

Regarding the tuning: would it make sense that each note is 12 cents wide (1200/97=approx 12 cents)
So it is said that each p5th on the keyboard would be equal to a semi-tone. If equal temperament were tuned then all p5ths would be in tune.
To fill in the notes between the semi tone 5ths would be setting whatever beat rate is correct for 12 cents from note to note - all the same and when you tune 8 of them and get to a p5th (semi tone) it should all fit.
Could it work?
Gene