1/16th tone piano; was: question for the tuning masters

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed Oct 31 08:58:07 MST 2007

There are a few interesting sidelines to making this piano.  It is a
special plate of course, and it is obvious that the instrument is
straight (parallel) strung.  The keyboard with its 97 keys is pretty
wide! (Although it only goes down to C3, I believe <g>).   I understand
there are dampers all the way to the top.  To collect all the hammers
for each microtone instrument took a while - they were "pinched", one
at a time, from 97 sets of Abel hammers.
Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com