Pullin' & Replacin'

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 29 13:12:45 MST 2007

Alan,
Photo attached, unless stripped for excessive size by our monitors.
Works on splined wires; doesn't work on threaded wires.
Delignit or other hardwood wedge cut at 15 to 20 degrees.
Slot in wedge wide enough for backcheck wire - include extra width for
bent wires.
Crow's foot or similar pry bar.
If the key is not seated firmly against the surface of the wedge, the
reinforcing block may split or separate from the keystick.
If the wire pulls out of the key instead of the backcheck, clamp a
visegrip on the wire and repeat.

good luck

Mike
no tag line