[Files] Steinway Hammer Rest Rail

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:53:56 MST 2007

While the aluminum angle piece does suggest it was refurbished comparatively
recently, I suspect that the piano was originally fitted with a player or
reproducer system (which would be apparent if you carefully inspected the
instrument for clues). Are the keys extra long? I have encountered this
hammer rail raising "soft pedal" device in other grands, especially those
which had been originally outfitted with player/reproducer mechanisms.Patrick
Draine