Odd Piano

Kenneth Jankura kenrpt at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 27 07:14:09 MDT 2007

I saw a very odd piano yesterday, and would love to give the owner
any information i can get.

It's a 5-1/4 octave rectangular box piano, maybe 4' x 2', strings
parallel to the ground,

with a downstriking action, (as if you tilted an upright on its back).

The hammers stay up against the rest rail by means of springs.

The backs of the keys stay down by means of springs, as well,

Waterfall keys, aluminum plate, overstrung bass, bichord unisons,
plastic flanges throughout,

damper "levers" also plastic, but all broken and removed and in
pieces in a plastic bag (too bad).

It only has the word "console" on the front,

and inside on the plate I found a little "Pratt-Read" metal sticker
which I guess refers to the action.

Anybody seen one of these little cuties?

Ken Jankura RPT
Newville PA