Car Desks

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:43:04 MDT 2007

On 10/25/07, Bear, Ginny <GBear at peacehealth.org> wrote:

> I am considering buying a "car desk" to round up the various items I use as I drive around to customers. Those various items include items that would fit in folders like PTG info sheets, an atlas to supplement Mapquest, my cell phone headset, and the cigarette lighter rechargers for my cell phone and pocket PC.  Plus it would be really nice to have a writing surface to fill out invoices in advance, etc.  I've attached a photo of one such unit.

> Does anyone have experience with these?

I use a portfolio that I got at OfficeMax several years ago.  You can
put most, if not all, of the things you mentioned into it.  I write my
invoices using the PTG bulletins as a writing surface.  It has an
8.5x11 three-ring binder, several pockets for that size documents,
business card holders (or checks), and a PDA and cell phone/iPod
pocket.  Also has a handle.  See attached pictures.

For power adapters/chargers, I've found the iGo system to be ideal.
It's a universal, automatic voltage-sensing device with
interchangeable tips for each device.  Works off of 12V DC or 120V AC.
 Radio Shack has (or had at one time) them, but they are available
online for cheaper.  This device has a little storage bag, and I keep
it in the car in one of the door pockets.  It would easily fit in a
glove box as well.  If my memory is correct, the tips are $10 at Radio
Shack, and the device was somewhere in the $35-40 range.  I've had
mine for 3-4 years, and am very happy with it.

--
JF

www.ThisNovember5th.com
www.ronpaul2008.com