Hazards of CA glues

John Dorr a440 at bresnan.net
Wed Oct 24 21:42:15 MDT 2007

Hello list,

Twice now I've heard that inhalation of CA vapors causes an accumulation of
toxins ("ISOs" the guy at the paint store calls them) that never go away and
will eventually cause your body (first guy, a piano tech, said) or your
respiratory system (guy at the paint store said) to shut down.

I've Googled CA Hazards, and find no corroborative or hard evidence of this,
and the MSDSs I've found don't read so alarmingly.

Anybody else out there heard these alarmist warnings?  I'd seriously consider
purchasing a fresh air respiratory system (about $800.00) if I knew these
dangers were for real.  Otherwise, I'll keep using a fan to blow away vapors,
and open windows to supply fresh air.

I'm going to call Dryburgh and ask them what they know.  Any other research
ideas?