Adjusting plate suspension bolts?

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 20:29:21 MDT 2007

Belly folks...

I'm experimenting with adjusting downbearing on a small Chickering grand which is my
experimenting/apprenticship piano.

Plate is supported by top adjustable plate suspension bolts ie Ron's and Del's techniques.

Relatively low string tension, definitely lower than the original.

Before removing rim acorn nuts and loosening nose bolts...my gut sense is that I don't need to lower the
string tension.

Is this correct?...any pitfalls to watch out for?

Jim I