Felt quality

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Oct 16 01:51:56 MDT 2007

David.

I was simply responding to a post in which you responded to one of my
posts.

http://ptg.org/pipermail/pianotech.php/2007-October/211584.html

If misunderstandings occur, as they often do in the course of any
discussion, one simply works them out.  Otherwise, differences in
experience, tastes and preferences are commonplace do not constitute a
reason to get ruffled.  I read as carefully as anyone, and do not engage
in accusations about whos wasting the list time, who doesnt know this or
that,  or as is in this case  "generally oversimplify, misstate,
distort, mispresent..."  I do none of these things in reality.

If you post anything on this list, it is subject to comment and
question... by anyone else. You dont hesitate to fire off potent
broadsides whenever you wish. For my part... I endeavour to keep my
posts as topical and non-personal as I can.

And on that note.. back to the actual topic of the discussion... I still
am earnestly curious about the question I posed. And fwiw the commentary
about stability of lacquer was simple edification... relation of
observation as to how many people have different opinions on the matter.
Not a big deal.

Cheers
RicB

    I would really prefer that you not attempt to quote me, paraphrase or
    interpret my remarks as you  It wastes my time and the list's for
    my having to clarify which, in this case, I won't bother to do.
    Read again,
    and more carefully, if you choose, but spare me any further
    comments.  The
    issue I spoke about is when lacquer in a hammer is perceptible and
    when it
    isn't.  The stability of lacquer I qualified it as my own experience.

    David Love
    davidlovepianos at comcast.net
    www.davidlovepianos.com