Glue for laminated rib construction

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 11 02:50:44 MDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Professional Wood Glue
Extra strength formula for all types of wood & plastic laminates.  Bonds and sets extra fast (clamping periods of less than 30 minutes).  Unsurpassed for cabinet making, production line gluing, veneering, laminating and edge gluing.

     Product Container Size Price Each Order Here
            WB3-74150 5 oz.
            New CLOG FREE Tube $4.45
            WB3-74250 9.29 oz
            New CLOG FREE Tube $5.15

              a.. Superior Strength (up to 3500 P.S.I.)
              b.. Dries Clear
              c.. Resistant to all paint, lacquer, varnish and urethane
              d.. Safe, water resistant and flexible
              e.. Water clean up

           a.. Easy and fast finishing quality

              b.. Sands easily and is paintable

              c.. Not affected by high humidity and temperatures up to 176F (80C)

              d.. Freeze/thaw stable

              e.. Conforms to C.S.A. specifications

 This is the Weldbond glue I am referring to. My uses are simple. Reglueing hammer heads, action parts, broken keys etc. Because of its fast set time, full strength in 4 hrs (I think) its an ideal glue to carry in the tool box.   Have also used it in building my mobile home.

http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-Aquadhere-Durabond/default.aspx I imagine that this glue is made world wide. When you read through the specs you will find a use for it.

Both are non-toxic, easy to apply, sandable, gap filling etc. The Selleys one feels to me to be more a glue for use with clamps. It expands as it cures and I have noticed that it bubbles out at the joins. It must also force its self into the grain of the timber as it dries ?.

The selleys glue is new (to me) on the market my limited use says it seems OK but long term use has to be from time or factory testing.

Tony Caught
Australia
0427 850 737
acaught at internode.on.net