[CAUT] decal removal from case

Michael Kurta mkurta at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 10 18:50:19 MDT 2007

    Hi Alan:
    If the decals were applied OVER the original finish, try smearing them
with cooking oil overnight.  The oil will soften and loosen the adhesive and
they should come right off.  It may require two applications.  We learned
this from de-decaling our kids beds.  A heat gun and putty knife is also
sometimes helpful.
    However, if the finish went on over the decals, its likely stripping the
finish along with the decal may be the only way.
    Mike Kurta