School districts and markup

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 15:15:01 MDT 2007

Michelle

We are in a specialized field. There are not too many places where the school district can get a piano truck. As Tom said, you are entitled to make a profit. But even if you charged them twice wholesale, don't forget, that's not all profit either. You had to take the time to get the phone call, place the order, receive the order, write the check, etc. etc. Then if you have to install the truck, and don't charge them for the time it takes to do that, the next thing you know, that piano truck just cost you money.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of