Walter 175 hammers

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Sun Oct 7 11:46:56 MDT 2007

Thanks, David. I will definitely try filing/polishing and perhaps ironing before adding anything to the hammer.
I rather like the sound of this piano (I hear waay too many loud pianos!), but I think that the
bass really is deficient on this one. The dealer is complaining and the
piano isn't exciting any potential customers, so a subtle change
probably won't satisfy here. Are you talking 8:1 using 25% solids or the
Steinway 12% stuff? And if a drop (or several drops) on the crown will
suffice should I perhaps be looking at keytop/acetone?

- Mark