New Bechsteins

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Oct 6 12:03:05 MDT 2007

Hi all

Just back from a weeks holiday... and top of my mail heap was the latest
edition of our PTG Journal.  Noticed real quick two things...

First... did anyone notice the Bechstein comes to America add ??...
seems Bechstein now comes with a Steinway style front and back duplex.
One of the stalwarts of alternative non speaking length designs changes
their minds.  Interesting... even if its Samick what owns them now.

The other thing was an interesting article by Bob Hohf which touches on
some core points of one of the best discussions through the 10 plus
years I've been on CAUT/Pianotech... namely the dynamic touch weight
discussions surrounding Dr. Birketts paper on same available on the
internet. I'll do a couple good reads before commenting on it... but I
can already see its highly recommendable to one and all.

Cheers
RicB