Jack Spring Punchings

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Thu Oct 4 07:00:38 MDT 2007

They go in the jack spring well in the wippen.  Schaff sells'em, and the beast certainly had'em when new, in 1916.  But, for the life of me, I can't figure out what they DO, either.  Once you glue the springs in, there certainly shouldn't be any motion, on that end.  Seems like the proverbial mammaries on a mongoose.

I'm just gonna glue the suckers (springs) in.  It's my "lab" piano anyway.  And I'll be 42 in three months, and will likely forget the whole sordid affair due to crossing the magic line...