QUESTION ABOUT AN OLD PIANO

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri May 25 06:20:07 MDT 2007

>  What can I do to help her sell the piano as in the role of a piano broker?

Bauer pianos are good, well worth restoration for a customer who wants
to revive a vintage piano.

The piano itself will bring short money, so don't expect much if any
commission.
The money to be made is in the contract reconditioning. Unless it is a diamond
in the rough, don't take it on for speculation.

As others have stated, most old pianos are not worth repairing, meaning they
will not command a price to cover the cost of reconditioning/restoration. But
occasionally you find a beauty.  One old piano I'd like to get back was a Bjur
Bros. upright, they sure don't make 'em like that anymore.

I'd much prefer to work on a Bauer than a S&S upright.
--

Regards,

Jon Page