keytops

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Sat May 19 07:33:55 MDT 2007

Rick,
    Nice meeting you at the MARC, nothing beats a milling machine for accuracy when trimming keysticks and keytops or a nice CNC Router table which I'm placing an order for. Concerning the scratches, I find that a problem also, the inexpensive one piece tops arrive with a ton of scratches and imperfections (and they turn yellow in a few years), which is why I will be dropping them as an option when I use the remaining 6 sets that I have. Buffing works well but be careful, the plastic is soft and will easily distort in shape. Also, be sure to check and see if the "fronts" are molded 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the tops, a lot of times they are not, which causes a clamping problem. Good Luck.

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net