Bass string enlivening gadget

Richard Morgan rsanbornmorgan at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 09:27:57 MDT 2007

Recently someone posted this description of a tool to enliven bass strings:
Piece of 1" conduit, about a foot and a  half long.
Rubber caps on both ends. Drill through it 2 , 1/4"
holes, a few inches apart. Mount sliding-door track
nylon wheels ( with bearings! ) from Lowe's, Home
Depot, etc..  Unhitch strings on one end, put through
wheels'  grooves in long "s" curve, push
conduit-gadget back and forth, up and down length of
string.  Much less scary than scraping metal! No loose
windings. Nylon grooves on wheels protect  strings.
I'm having trouble envisioning it enough to construct it.  Might someone have a picture of such a gadget?  I assume the wheels are mounted in the 1/4" holes, and the wheels are in the same plane--i.e. a straight line?  Actually, as I framed the last question, I may have solved my dilemma, but would still love to have confirmation from someone, preferably including visual.

Thanks,
Richard Morgan

____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.