Are there many piano techs who are veterans?

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Mon May 14 05:21:35 MDT 2007

Alan,

Yea, that comes with middle (and advancing) age...   every month or
so when I'm standing with backlighting in just the right way, my wife
notices some new rogue hairs emitting from the ear area, and is kind
enough (partly out of self-interest of course, because she doesn't
want to have to look at them!) to take out her Swiss Army Knife
scissors and do a little lawn mowing. (I do my own eyebrows and, er,
nose hairs).

Pardon me for sharing this, which may be way too much information for
some - but it's the only way to keep undergrowth in control. If you
don't have a willing wife, there are undoubtedly professionals that
will provide this service   : )   called hairdressers.

So despair not, there is an answer to this little problem. And
frankly, sometimes I'm led to wish more people would avail themselves
of it!

Allen Wright
London, UK