Lowell Component Downbearing Gauge

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Sun May 6 15:26:57 MDT 2007

Dale,

Rereading your post, I realized you are looking for specifics on the secondary
parts needed to use this angle gauge in the piano.

I hesitated before posting the Wixey idea because I haven't had the time the work
out the jig(s), but figured the idea was worth floating in its present uncooked state< hence
no visuals.

Feet should not be any more complicated than the Lowell feet, but I will post what I
come up with when I have time to fuss with the idea.

The other thing is that the unit is sensitive to movement, ie movement of the strings,
and registers that movement. But I don't think that should be an issue, because
the bubble gauges also are affected by movement/deflection. There probably will be
a learning curve on taking readings, especially on the speaking side.

So anyway, this is an official not quite baked idea...but I don't think its half-bake, so-to-say.

I'd be interested in followups of anyone foolong around with the idea.

Jim I