Steinway B Scale Conversion

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 16:50:04 MST 2007

Relegating every discussion of improvements to "subjectivity" only goes so
far.  Many people are unaware of the issue or that there is a solution until
you bring it up with them.  That doesn't mean they can't hear it.  Engage
all the pianists you know on the subject of what qualifies as good tone and
go through the list.  Include whether they think that an abrupt change in
tone at the tenor/bass crossover (or anywhere else for that matter) is a
desirable thing or not.  I would bet you won't get one person who, when put
that way, would find it a desirable thing.  However, when you point out on a
redesign how smooth that break is, you will get many, and I mean many, who
will applaud the accomplishment and probably say that they never thought
about it because they didn't know any type of change was possible.
Sometimes, you just gotta take a chance and show 'em.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com