Steinway B Scale Conversion

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sat Mar 31 15:27:55 MST 2007

One novel way to iron out the hills and valleys in the scaling on some
pianos is to restring with Pure Sound Wire.   Without wanting to steal
anyone's thunder, this is something that may be of interest:  At the
upcoming Pacific Northwest Conference in Salt Lake CIty, Juan
Mas-Cabre, the Dutch innovator behind Pure Sound Wire will be
presenting on this exact topic.  Two Steinways will be on hand, one
strung in Pure Sound, to allow a practical  comparison of the two.  As
well, he will be making scaling "recipes" available for different
Steinway models.

This is sure to be an eye and ear-opening seminar, I sure am looking
forward to it.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440