Steinway B Scale Conversion

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Mar 31 13:45:57 MST 2007

I have to compliment you on the beautiful craftsmanship of your work, as
always.
Hi Alan

There is nothing at all <<wrong>> with the B scale.  It is what it is
and yields the results it does.  Nor is there anything right or wrong
about Dales approach. It simply yields a different result that is every
bit as pleasing in its own right.  Some will like one better then the
other... and that is the nature of life in the piano world.

Cheers
RicB

    But it surprised me a little that, of all pianos to modify, you
    chose the B. I am NO expert on any of this but I do love a
    well-voiced B and the scale seems so fundamentally good.

    Now, I have a 1940 Wurlitzer spinet for which I'm considering some
    serious scale modifications. First, to prepare the bridges and
    soundboard properly, I'm going to try soaking it in a pond for a few
    years ...

    Alan Barnard

    Salem, MO