Steinway B Scale Conversion

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Mar 31 13:43:38 MST 2007

And the answer is... that Steinway likes their own sound and their own
transition... and a lot of other people do too.  Yamaha gave up trying
to get the Steinway sound a while back because they decided they
actually were quite happy with the way their CF III and S series were
developing. Plus the fact that there is considerable social/business
inertia that impedes any major change in such an organization.  I do not
buy Davids or Dales claim that it makes a qualitative /improvement/
because that is purely a matter of subjective taste... period.  It makes
a qualitative /change/ that some may like and some will not.  And if
enough do like it.. then it will make an impact that will cause a change
in the industry. If not... well then it wont.  Dispassionate as hell...
but the bloody truth of the matter.

Cheers
RicB

    David/Dale,

    My question is if it makes that much improvement,
    why doesn't Steinway? I know the answer. I just
    want to see what you two say! :-D

    Avery