English word for that?

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Sat Mar 31 00:29:34 MST 2007

Gregor --

We call it "traveling" the shanks. By raising and lowering several
hammers with a pencil or other object underneath the shanks, you can
watch for a hammer that shifts to one side, caused by the centerpin not
being parallel with the strings.

I like how you correct the problem with "correction" tape.

Tom Cole