Ultimate Table Saw

mkurta at adelphia.net mkurta at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 30 13:53:58 MST 2007

Oh, how true.  I am recovering nicely from a deep cut on the face of my left thumb from my table saw.  After finishing cutting 150 small pieces of maple for a shank cutting jig I'll be giving away in KC, the last one did it.  The piece after cutting stayed between the blade and the fence.  I shut the saw off, and before the blade stopped I reached in to get the wood, and BINGO!  12 stitches later I analyzed what happened:  Tiredness, inattention, in a hurry, late in the day, and just not thinking.  I'm still learning that power tools do not forgive.....
Mike Kurta