Ultimate Table Saw

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 09:22:31 MST 2007

Terry...

Whats the scoop on your band saw?

The power of any machine can be destructive.  In the woodworking
trade it seems that given the nature of us humans to overestimate
our indestrucability most of us learn the shear power of the tools
by having a run-in with one.  Sad but true.  We just hope that initial run-in
isn't too bad.

One of the tings that concerns me with some safely devices is that they
lead you to believe that something other than yourself is being vigilant
and that is potentially dangerous.

safety comes from knowing the power of the machines and what they do
and don't like to do, but also knowing your ability to totally focus when using them
safety devices or not, and even more important knowing when that focus is compromised.
Fear in this case is very useful as long as it is directed. When familiarity completely
replaces fear, it is cause for concern.

When my focus is compromised for what ever reason, I get the ... out of the shop,
deadline or no deadline.

Jim I