The worst piano I've tuned thus far

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 29 18:00:53 MST 2007

Hey everyone,
I finally tuned that Ajello piano.  Yes, Ajello is a brand as someone here, and I cannot recall sent a website link which mentioned it. It's an English piano ,but I didn't notice the accent.  Loose tuning pins were abundant.  It only had 85 keys I believe. It ended with A8 rather than C8. I might have misscounted since I was in a hurry to finish it. It took me longer than normal since i had to do some other things to it namely spacing some strings.  Anyway, if all works out and I can attend Emil Fries in September, I hope we cover these odd pianos so I can really get them sounding and playing better.  This piano also had a wooden rail similar to the metal ones on Asian pianos with the felt hanging down.  It was an interesting piano that's for sure.
Marshall
Chicago IL