Restoring shine to a Yamaha

R Barber bassooner42 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 17:59:01 MST 2007

I talked to the manager of our local authorized Yamaha dealer- he says
Yamahas have been polyester since the late sixties.  Use no ammonia
products.

This info is from http://ptg.org/resources-pianoOwners-finishCare.php

     * Polishing -- Satin polyester looks best when simply kept clean.
Avoid gloss-producing polishes, which leave satin finishes looking shiny
but scratched. High-polish polyester finishes need only be kept clean to
maintain their gloss. However, high-wear areas such as the music desk
may eventually develop a hazy appearance caused by many fine scratches.
These areas can be buffed back to a high gloss using a product designed
to remove tiny scratches from fiberglass boats or plastic windows in
convertible cars. Two such products are Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #17
Plastic Cleaner, and Meguiar's s Mirror Glaze #9 Swirl
Remover--available from marine supply, auto-parts, or automotive paint
supply stores. Your technician may carry special products for this
purpose, or can recommend a local source.