Stacks of Lumber undergoing "Astoria Seasoning"

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Mar 29 15:46:43 MST 2007

I did a tour of the Hamburg lumberyard two years ago as part of the
first round at the Hamburg Academy.  They showed me pictures of what
once was... and pointed to areas that once had been chock full of lumber
and now were either sold, built over... or otherwise occupied.  I think
they had something like a 10th of the amount of wood there compared to
their heyday.  More writing on the wall.

Saw an add in this months Journal for Pearl River... said something
about there being 10000 Pearl River instruments being under construction
at the moment I was reading the add....  I guess I was supposed to be
impressed.  Why don't shear numbers like this impress me ?  More writing
on the wall.

I feel like there has been a great and terrible tremor in the force.....

er...
Cheers
RicB