ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 28 04:26:03 MST 2007

Well, maybe you're right. Maybe it was just calling the parent a piece of sh!t that threw me.

Terry Farrell

  Hey Terry, first of all, if my views are not suitable for this list, then the police guy will let me know - -and so far he hasn't. Secondly, I've used that term "it's cruelty to children" with many of my customers, in describing making them play on the terrible piano, but they all understood that I meant it in a very loose sense, and they all took my advice by either not putting any money into the piano or by letting me help them buy another one. I guarantee that if YOU (or any other technician) ever tell any one of your customers that by making his child play on such a piano it is like cruelty to children, he will NOT take offense, or try to punch you out, or throw you out of his house. He'll just appreciate that he's been given a very clear idea of how bad the piano is and how damaging it will be to his child's sense of music. By the way, if you want a really GOOD use for the word "vile," just take a look at some of the pianos out there, and also at the disrespect with which many of us are treated!

  Jesse Gitnik