ONE OF THOSE DAYS

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Mar 27 13:59:22 MST 2007

Grin..

Actually... I kind of have to agree with Jesse here... given that one
understands the tone of such advice is always friendly and the customer
understands it.  Trouble with reading tone into text is that... well...
there isnt any.  Takes a while and many post to be sure of a truly vile
intention me thinks.

Cheers
RicB

    I've used
    that term "it's cruelty to children" with many of my customers, in
    describing
    making them play on the terrible piano, but they all understood that
    I  meant
    it in a very loose sense, and they all took my advice by either not
    putting
    any money into the piano or by letting me help them buy another  one. I
    guarantee that if YOU (or any other technician) ever tell any one of
    your  customers
    that by making his child play on such a piano it is like cruelty to
    children,
    he will NOT take offense, or try to punch you out, or throw you out
    of  his
    house. He'll just appreciate that he's been given a very clear idea
    of how  bad
    the piano is and how damaging it will be to his child's sense of
    music. By
    the way, if you want a really GOOD use for the word "vile," just
    take a look at
    some of the pianos out there, and also at the disrespect with which
    many of
    us  are treated!

    Jesse Gitnik
    Since 1980