thanks and storage

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Mon Mar 26 11:17:37 MST 2007

For many years we stored piano parts in clear plastic containers that we
were given gratis from the drug stores and grocery stores that carried
Harmony Foods.  Harmony food products are granolas, trail mixes, chocolate
covered almonds...etc. The containers are normally thrown into recycling by
the stores, as product is delivered in new ones.

The containers are approximately 2' long and 8" on a side.

The only draw back we found to them was that there is an indentation on one
side where the scoop fits.  Other than that they were wonderful!  They are
very sturdy, although their flexibility made them not appear to be so.  We
even stored hardware in them.  Eventually, over a number of years (10?),
they become brittle and need to be replaced--but the replacement price is
right!

We set them on shelves in the shop, the plastic containers kept the contents
clean and the flip-up lid made access easy.  It was easy to grab one and
carry it across to where we were working when we needed the contents close
at hand.

They worked out so well for storage of piano parts, supplies and tools, that
I started finding all kinds of uses for them in the house and soon had
socks, belts, kids crayons, etc. stored in them too.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter