Seasoning wood: was facts and not facts : was Recommend Rebuilder?

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 23 00:49:26 MST 2007

Terry

I've seen pictures of masses of sikta logs soaking in salt water for
long periods of time. Yamaha I think I remember had these pics in one of
their marketing thingys I ran into once.  Cant quite remember what the
bit about salt water was... but I remember running into this again in a
paper about piano building in the 1850's..

Perhaps you know something about why logs would be soaked in sea water
for a while before drying ?

Cheers
Ricb