Facts and nots : was Recommend Rebuilder?

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 22 17:24:47 MST 2007

I have questions. Is it possible that the pianos made before the 50s
were made using wood that was seasoned more? Is it possible that the
fast drying of the spruce that is used today has changed the way it will
swell and shrink with time? If a piece of lumber is seasoned for a few
years, would that change the way it will react to humidity swings? Maybe
manufacturers are just producing these units too fast.

Only questions, but I'd rather be in dout than beleive in lies.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC