Facts and nots : was Recommend Rebuilder?

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Mar 22 05:57:35 MST 2007

I don't think that is the point, Ric.  While cracked soundboards don't
necessarily present a performance issue, neither does a mismatched or poorly
applied finish.  Does that mean we should accept either one from "the world
standard" in pianos?  Just because it does not present a performance issue
(in this case) does not mean that it is good workmanship, or is in any
conceivable way acceptable on a brand new $50, $60, $100K piano.

my thoughts,
William R. Monroe

SNIP