Advice on tuning techniques for recovering tendonitis sufferer

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Mon Mar 19 08:14:13 MST 2007

Hi Norma and Robert,

It is possible to get good stability by tuning mp and keeping test blows at
a minimum. I hardly ever exceed mf. Try to move the tuning pin sooner in
the envelope of the sound, particularly if pitch is being changed
significantly (i.e. more than 2 cents). Don't confuse pitch correction with
tuning. (By the way, Norma, you never did answer the question whether the
store you tune for pays for pitch corrections.)

There is (at least) one technique that suggests "throwing" the lever at the
same instant the key is played.

The worst technique (imho) for our fragile bodies is to apply some torque
to the tuning pin and then "hammer" the note repeatedly until it is "in tune".

At 11:51 PM 3/18/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>   Hi Robert,                  :-)     Please
>http://www.nismat.org/ptcor/tennis_elbow      Hope this helps,   Norma
>Neufeld
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7