chisels

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Mar 16 17:55:45 MST 2007

OK, OK,

True enough.  Once you establish an edge on a felt knife, not much grinding
should take place thereafter.   However, sometimes you will, and I have just
found that I prefer it on a nice wide surface the size of a sheet of
sandpaper (wet/dry of course).  Also, for the larger of the felt knives, it
is wider than the Tormek wheel so you'd have to travel it back and forth
VERY cautiously to get it ground well.  Too hard for these lazy hands.  I do
like the leather strop on the Tormek, though.  Use it for everything.

William R. Monroe