Chisels

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 03:35:01 MST 2007

Bob:

You just described my technique to a "T". I use the wasting stroke in exactly the same fashion, and no more than two curling strokes. I cut the side first with a fine Japanese kerfing saw and join the cut to the inside bridge pin hole with a fine blade hand-fashioned into a curve from a putty knife. I have been using a long chisel with a 1 1/8" face hollow-ground by hand and I also have a rotary strop which I use every 4-6 cuts to keep the edge. When it's sharp, it cuts like butter!

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)