Chipped keys

mps at usol.com mps at usol.com
Thu Mar 15 05:54:10 MST 2007

I have a client that has 21 chipped keys on her older upright. (they
are ivory)
The piano is of great sentimental value to her. (it was her fathers
favorite).
These keys are chipped only at the end and several are quite sharp
(no pun here!)
She can't afford to replace them all with the same type of key covering
and would like the chipped ones repaired. I am doing this for her
gratis as she is a very good client to me. She has reffered me to 3 of
her friends pianos.
Finally my question...Has anyone ever just ground down the front of
these sharp edges of keys to make them all uniform? Or would you
suggest I bond them somehow? If so, any suggestions on the
bonding material? Does the bonding material match up color wise?

Thank you for your help!
Mark

Mark's Piano
Service