Verituner feedback request

Mark Potter bases-loaded76 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 19:09:24 MST 2007

Ron -

  Finally got around to trying out your custom tuning style today.  As one who has primarily used the 'average' style, I was very impressed with the pleasing sonority of your new style.  Your description of 'calm yet resonant' is dead on.   Sounded great on a Baldwin Classic studio, a Yamy P-22, and a small Petrov grand.

  Thanks for posting this!

  Mark Potter

Ron Koval <drwoodwind at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Just in case anyone missed this over the weekend, I wanted to seek more
individuals willing to try out a new custom style for the Verituner. I'd be
happy to help you get it onto your machine. If you've only used the average
style, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the results. Once in
your machine, loading and using a custom style is a snap! The same tuning
approach and overpull should work just fine. Send me a note off list if you
have any questions.

thanks!

Ron Koval

I've been working a long time with the custom style functions available in
the Verituner. I'm asking here to see if any of you with a Verituner would
be willing to try this new tuning style. One goal of mine has been to
create a single style that can be used for all kinds of pianos.

The sound I was shooting for could possibly be described as "calm yet
resonant". If you could reply with specific information, that would be
great! (not just, "didn't like it", or "nice") Also, include if you are
using the box, or the version for pocket pc, as well as the piano
information.

If you'd like to download the .vus file to your machine, I've hosted it
here:
http://www.filehosting.cc/?d=CFF081AE3
The file is called Koval one for all (thanks, David Bauguess)
(go to the bottom, type in the letters or numbers displayed, and hit
"submit")

Or, to enter it manually into your machine: (all beats set to 0.0)

A0 6:3 35% / 8:4 65%

A1 6:3 20% / 4:1 80%

C#3 6:3 30% /4:2 70%

A3/A4 4:2 77% / 2:1 23%